PCI DSS regulations forbid organisations from storing sensitive authentication data in any format when taking card payments over the phone.
This presents a serious problem for call centres because most call recording systems are not PCI DSS compliant, raising a whole host of issues.
In addition, when card data is inputted into systems, regardless of whether it's stored, it can be accessed in transit through your systems, processes and agents, putting it at risk.
The good news is that Eckoh’s innovative CallGuard solution solves the challenge presented by PCI DSS once and for all.
CallGuard On-Site Works with Any Call Recording System
Any organisation which uses a call recording system can quickly become PCI DSS compliant by adding CallGuard.
So if you use Verint, Witness, NICE, Red Box Recorders, Uptivity (CallCopy) or any other call recording platform, and are trying to work out how to become PCI DSS compliant, CallGuard will deliver. No integration or development is necessary. And of course, CallGuard also operates seamlessly with Eckoh’s own call recording software.
Here are some key points that you should know about CallGuard On-Site:
- It works with any call recording system.
- It is simple to install, and no time-consuming integration or project management work is necessary.
- It has been proven to be a less-expensive route to becoming PCI DSS compliant than any other method (even those proposed by your existing call recording provider).
- You keep every aspect of your existing technology. There are no changes to your call recording or phone systems, your CRM platform, your payment processes, or (critically) your payment provider.
- If you do change any of those things in the future, CallGuard will continue to work and work and work…here’s how:
CallGuard Hosted Protects your Whole Contact Centre
The difference here is that Eckoh hosts the payment platform that captures all sensitive card data - keeping it completely out of your contact centre and organisation.
All calls are routed through CallGuard and DTMF tones are masked. Using the CallGuard Hosted web panel, Agents can make secure payments without seeing, hearing or accessing card data.
This ensures all the following areas are free from toxic card data:
- Call Recording
- Screen Recording
- IT Systems
- Data LAN
- Physical Environment
- Locked Internet Access
- Building (CCTV...)
- Telephony Network (Digital or VoiceLAN)
If this sounds good, but you don't want ANY integration whatsoever, our tokenisation alternative is definitely the answer for you.
CallGuard Eliminates the Risk of Internal Data Theft
CallGuard also solves the known and growing problem of internal data security within contact centres by isolating Agents, Supervisors, Team Leaders and everybody else in the contact centre environment from the transaction. They never see the card data.
How Does CallGuard Work?
It's a beautifully simple and elegant product. By detecting and blocking phone keypad DTMF tones, it stops sensitive data from being recording whilst still recording calls. Find out more about how CallGuard works.
Delivering Top-Notch Customer Service
One of CallGuard’s huge advantages is that the customer never has to be put on hold during the course of a transaction. Unlike some PCI compliant call recording solutions, there is no need to resort to an automated external IVR which means that your Agents stay fully in control of the whole conversation and you can continue to give your customers the personal touch.
- the telephone call is recorded (no need for pause and resume)
- the sensitive payment card data is completely omitted from the call recording (delivering PCI DSS compliance)
- the agent retains full control of the call (the customer is not put on hold or transferred to an IVR)
For more information on how CallGuard can help your business or organisation, call 08000 630 730 or contact us.